Damon is an award-winning electric motorcycle manufacturer founded in 2017 by serial entrepreneurs & avid motorcyclists, Jay Giraud and Dom Kwong. Damon is dedicated to building the future of motorcycling. Our vision is one of smarter, safer, more exhilarating, and more personal riding experiences.
Designed for performance, every Damon motorcycle is powered by HyperDrive™, the world’s first all-electric multi-variant powertrain platform. Additionally, they are fitted with our proprietary on-the-fly adjustable ergonomics technology, Shift™, and 360° Advanced Warning System for Motorcycles (AWSM™). We're the first to use deep technology & AI, so that with every ride a Damon bike evolves to more tightly understand the rider.
Position Overview: Director Advanced Manufacturing
We seek an individual who can help build and lead the manufacturing engineering team who are enabling motorcycle assembly, electronics assembly, and battery pack assembly automation.
Experience range: 8 years minimum industry experience in a high volume manufacturing environment.
Design, manage, coordinate, implement, and plan Damon’s advanced manufacturing activities
- Equipment selection and procurement for production of motorcycles, electronics assemblies, and large battery packs.
- Create and implement line side and integrated testing system
- Integration of manufacturing and manufacturing test data into MES and other systems.
- Create requirements, budgets, and plans for equipment purchase and integration into Damon manufacturing
- Create operating documentation for Damon manufacturing equipment
- Create work instructions for manufacturing activities
- Create test fixtures, stations, and equipment for manufacturing activities
- Direct and build a team of manufacturing engineers and technicians.
- Plan plant equipment layouts and service requirements
- Deep technical background with the ability to learn new concepts and skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Proven ability to manage a team
- Positive attitude and good work ethic
- Safety conscious and strict compliance to regulations
- Creates Comprehensive and complete documentation
- Familiarity with industrial automation and automation systems for conveyance, adhesives, welding, assembly, and fastening
- Familiarity with vision systems
- Familiar with PLCs, microcontrollers, sensors, scanners, CNC equipment, MES systems, and manufacturing systems
- Familiar with quality systems, including ISO 9000
- Programming or scripting experience is beneficial
- Familiarity with with chassis dynamometer
- Familiar with production brake bleeding systems
- Familiar with laser tab welding of lithium ion batteries.
- A motorcycle license or interest in obtaining a license is an asset, but not required
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Riding school
- Supportive work environment
- Training & Development Program